Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hey There BLUES Lovers!

Hey there blues lovers, hope all is well and you are enjoying this warm spring weather. I am excited about the music buzz in the area for the upcoming year, this summer should be a "HOT" one.

I would like to thank all the great CVBS members that did such a great job at the last Batesville store meeting, I was told it was a great night. I wish I could have attended, but due to a family obligation I was unable to make. I think that is the first meeting I have missed since Jack roy started this great idea 2 years ago.

I am really glad that we have people that care about local music as much as our members do, and I would especially like to thank Mark Jackson for running the meeting, and Robert Ballard, Chris Yung, Dave Connelly, and the other members that voluteered their time and equipment.

Our next Batesville Store CVBS meeting will be held on June 25th, I will be sending an email out in the next couple of weeks to fill the slots for playing time, and equipment. I hope all the meetings can go as smoothly as the last, as all the musicians were very efficient and unselfish.

I am off to New Orleans now for the Jazz and Heritage festival, and will be sending an email out when I return.

Here are a few up coming shows from a few CVBS members, I hope you all will go out and support these great musicians.

Thanks,
Andy Burdetsky


I received this email from one of our most loyal members, Dan Dorsey, his talented son Garen,is playing at Fridays after Five at the Charlottesville Pavillion, please come out and support this young musician.

Just wanted to let you know that some cool AHS kids (and one cool Sutherland Middle School kid) have been tapped to open the show at Fridays After Five on May 6. The show starts promptly at 5:30 pm.  OUT OF FOCUS, a jazz quartet featuring Garrett Moore on drums, Matthew Smith on saxophones, Garen Dorsey on piano, and Allison Moore on bass, will be the lead-off act for Secret Sauce, Bobby Read's latest jazz/funk project.  We hope you will let others in the AHS/SMS communities know about this great jazz combo. It will be a great chance to showcase the talented kids that our public schools are producing these days.

Please come join us for all the fun and great music. Bring the family…bring your friends.

Kat and the Travelers
Friday, May 6 "kat & the traveler/s" at First Fridays Downtown Harrisonburg 5-7pm

Saturday, May 14 "kat & the traveler/s" at Ashland Coffee & Tea, Ashland VA 8pm

Saturday May 28 "kat & the traveler/s" at Shenandoah Pizza, Historic Downtown Staunton VA 7:30pm

Friday, July 8 "kat & the traveler/s" at Fridays on the Square, Court Square Harrisonburg 7pm

Lisa Miller
Lisa’s CD can now be purchased on CD Baby http://www.cdbaby.com/

Also, mark your calendars for June 10th and 11th. Jack, Kevin and Lisa will be playing at Shenandoah Pizza on Friday June 10th and at the new Pippin Hill Winery on Saturday afternoon June 11th. We will send more details as those dates get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment